Visit the “Big Island” of Hawaii! The Big Island is twice as large as all the other islands and continues to grow today. The most diverse of all of the Hawaiian Islands, climate zones range from snow capped alpine (Mauna Kea at 14,000 ft.), to lava desert, to rainforest.
The only active volcano, Kilauea, is located here. The resort areas include dry and sunny Kailua-Kona and Kohala coast area on the west side, and the lush tropical Hilo area on the east side of the island. Volcano National Park is located on the Hilo side.
Places to Stay in Hawaii
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
- Hualalai Villas & Homes
- Mauna Kea Beach Hotel
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort and Spa
Activities in Hawaii
- Visit Kona’s sparkling white beaches
- Walk through Hilo’s rich and lush tropical rainforests
- Hike at Volcano National Park
- Take a helicopter ride over the beautiful island
- Explore Kona’s coffee plantations
- Shop in downtown Hilo
- Snap a picture of a waterfall on the coast of Hamakua
- Learn the history of Kailua Village
Want to visit the Big Island and experience adventure? Contact me today to start planning your next journey! Send me an email at email@example.com or fill out a form and I’ll be in touch! I’m your Cincinnati, Ohio based travel agent.